If you are a casino or gambling webmasters, Bet365 Affiliates has pushed the most extreme set of terms and conditions on any affiliate and it’s hard to imagine that the program has real intentions of continuing to work with affiliates where they have helped to make Bet365 the largest sportsbook online.
A reply from affiliates and webmasters is required by December 6th, 2017 and the message is as follows:
Following your recent acceptance of the bet365 Policy, we have been checking websites and marketing channels of our partners as a priority. It’s come to our attention that in spite of accepting the Policy terms, many affiliates have not made the necessary amendments that will ensure full compliance.
The below points should help to clarify what is required, and we need you to update all of your sites/marketing channels to take into account these points.
From this email onwards, once you have confirmed the below, any instance of infringing the Policy will result in your account being placed on stop withdrawals (cannot generate invoices) until the issues are remedied. Any breach will also result in an assessment being made to establish whether our affiliate partnership can continue with you.
Please carefully review the below information, in conjunction with the Policy. Once you are satisfied that your websites and/or marketing channels are fully compliant without exception, you are required to reply to this email with your confirmation. You are required to provide such confirmation by Wednesday 6th December at the very latest.
It is vitally important that you read the information below and ensure your advertising of bet365 complies with the rules. Once you have checked that your sites/marketing channels meet our requirements, please confirm this via email and I will check through the sites/marketing channels that you previously confirmed when responding to the Policy initially. If you have launched or use additional sites/marketing channels then please, if you haven’t already done so, provide me with details of them and ensure that you inform me of any such additional sites/marketing channels that you use in the future.
If you confirm that your sites/marketing channels have been updated and are compliant and we find that not to be the case, or if you fail to respond within the above deadline, you will not be able to withdraw commissions until a time that the issues are resolved to our satisfaction.
Please read through the list of points below and ensure your compliance with all of them:
- You have ended all promotion and reference to bet365 via social media
- You have removed any link to any web page (which promotes bet365) via any social channel in conjunction with tipping.
- You do not have any text promoting any bet365 offer that is not taken directly from the Promotional Text section in the Affiliate back end, and you have ensured that any reference to any bet365 offer includes ‘18+’ and ‘T&Cs apply’ in each and every instance.
- Any promotion of specific offers such as the Euro Soccer Accumulator Bonus and Bore Draw Money Back are deep linked to the relevant page of the bet365 Extra site. These must be requested from us directly and approved by us if you haven’t them already.
- You do not use the word ‘free’ in relation to promotional content about any of bet365’s offers, concessions, products or services such as Live Streaming etc.
- All of your pages promoting bet365 have 18+ and the appropriate Gamble Responsibly message for the relevant market (e.g. BeGambleAware (for the UK)). Please contact us if you’re unsure.
- You have removed all screenshots of bet365 products/services.
- You have removed or replaced any self-created or re-hosted creative with bet365 hosted banners from the Affiliate back end.
- You have removed any content from your reviews which could be deemed as factual e.g. payment methods, software, contact details, company history. Review content moving forwards must cover only your personal experience and opinions of bet365 products and services (and make it apparent these are indeed solely your opinions).
- If you are referencing bet365 odds which are not pulled directly from our XML feed, then you must do so accurately and it must be made clear that odds are correct at time of publishing (with a clear date and timestamp showing when such odds were published) and are subject to change.
- You have ended all 3rd party media buying activity.
- You have ended any pop ups/unders or interstitials which force a cookie onto a visitor, including on your own site.
- You have ended any SMS/WhatsApp/Telegram or any other form of direct communication marketing.
- You have ended any emails/newsletters (promoting bet365). Any future emails/newsletters are only permitted with express pre-approval from bet365. Approval will only be granted if email lists can be shown to be 18+ and double opt-in.
- Any form of advertorial marketing including (but not limited to); ‘Fake news’ stories, articles depicting ‘real life’ events and scenarios, promoting bet365 is strictly prohibited.
- No links to any copyright infringing content will be permitted on any website/channel promoting bet365. Links to replays of goals, match highlights etc. are not permitted (unless you are the rights holder to said content), irrespective of where the content is hosted (by you or a 3rd party).
The above requirements apply globally to all territories and all bet365 products and services.
You are responsible for ensuring that your promotion of bet365 (in whatever marketing format) is compliant.
The list above is not exhaustive but should provide a starting point for us to ensure compliance going forward. The Policy document, for all intents and purposes, should be your first point of reference when assessing the compliance of your sites/marketing channels, and this email is intended as a rough guide and starting point for you to begin amending your websites. In addition to this, we strongly recommend that you obtain independent legal advice to ensure that all of your marketing activities are compliant with all applicable laws.
If you have any questions on the above or if you’d like clarification on any of the points, let me know and I’ll be happy to discuss with you via email or over the phone.